With over a decade of experience in Consulting and Training, Sam is well equipped with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to carry out individual as well as collective consultancy projects thanks to his sound education at the University of Melbourne; Australia, CIMA UK & University of Moratuwa; Sri Lanka.
He had worked with Tata Consultancy Services – India, NODWIN Consultants – India, Olanka Travels – China, Highfive Consultancy and Training – Sri Lanka, IIDT – Sri Lanka where he has acquired insights about multiple industries such as Agriculture, Manufacturing, Tourism, Finance and Information Technology. He was a coach for the RMIT Melbourne Entrepreneurship Accelerator Program in 2020 and a coach for the University of Melbourne US21 Entrepreneurship Program in 2021.
As a trainer, he has served a multitude of the most successful large scale companies in Sri Lanka. His training programs are conducted at Companies, Universities as well as Not-for-Profit Organizations. Some of his esteemed clients are MAS Holdings, Hirdaramani Group, Hayleys Group, DHL, Trelleborg, CMA-CGM, Midas Safety etc. (a total of 30 companies).
Sam is passionate about training others to perform better and conducts training on;
- Soft Skills Development (Public Speaking, Motivation, Team Work, Personal Effectiveness, Problem Solving, Negotiation etc.)
- Hard Skills Development (Financial Management, Business Process Improvement, Problem Solving & Decision Making, Microsoft Advanced Excel etc).
Some of his recent consultancy engagements are:
- Consultation to Farmer Organizations on Institutional Strengthening, especially with a focus on Governance and Developing the Capacity of the Leaders of the FO
- Production process analysis and improvement at an apparel manufacturing company
- Production process analysis and improvement at a cable manufacturing company
- Financial analysis and business plan for a coconut & mixed crop plantation
- Financial analysis and business plan for an automated fee collection system using vehicle number plate reading software
- Financial analysis and business plan for a canned fish manufacturing
- Financial analysis for a CEB tender bid by a foreign client
- Business formation and strategy formulation consultancy for a property development company
In addition to consulting,
Sam had been a visiting lecturer at the University of Moratuwa (Faculty of Business/ Engineering/ Architecture) as well as the University of Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte.
The YouTube channel of Sam, “Biznez Guru”, is followed by over 24,000 subscribers at the moment. (visit: https://bit.ly/BzNzGuruCourse)